Commercial Driver License Requirements in North Carolina
In order to become a professional truck driver and get hired for CDL A Company Truck Driver Positions, you need to cover all of the requirements of the state of North Carolina. No matter what kind of a driving class you decide to attend you must take a written questionnaire (Class A permit ) and a CDL driving skills on-site test.
You have the responsibility to provide the following documents to prove you are suitable for a CDL driving license.
- Confirm your identity and age
- Provide a valid social security number
- Declare your residents address and prove that it’s you permanents place
- Proof and provide of your Liability Insurance
For getting your CDL permit you must have a clear driving license. Also, make sure it is not suspended, disqualified or revoke. You need to have only one driving license at the current moment.
As a future truck driver you need to be in a good health condition. There are curtain medical requirements as well such as:
- Most of the commercial drivers need to possess a medical card. The CDL driver applicants must bring their own at the time of attendance.
- If there is any hesitation about the drivers’ physical condition, the North Carolina DMV or your truck driver mentor may require a full medical report at any time. This includes before or after the certification.
As we already mentioned in our “How to obtain a CDL driving license” page, every applicant must get a leaner permit. There are a few additional requirements here:
- The CDL driver candidate must be at least 18 years old ( for some CDL licenses the minimum age is 21)
- You must have a valid Class A, B or C driver permit
- Have a licensed CDL instructor who will accompany you at the front seat
Detailed up-to-date information regarding the “requirements” for a NC Commercial Driver License can be found on The official North Carolina DMV website
“Bg Truck Enterprise” can provide you with the equipment and space to prepare yourself for your CDL class A test. This is self service which will help you get the practice you need to become CDL licensed professional.
Choose our professional Truck Rental Services and start your adventurous new career in the truck driving industry right away. Start your career now and you could be on the road making up to $50,000 in just the first year! Take a few moments to complete our online rental form now!